Percy Jackson & The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

As I've mentioned earlier I have been trying to read the Percy Jackson series at the age of 20 years old. And all though they're written for kids, I have to say that I have yet to be disappointed by these books. 

I can't help but mention that I don't think this book was as good as the Sea of Monster's book, because the Sea of Monster's made me laugh, this didn't, it only made me giggle. But that's not the point here, the point is that Rick Riordan has created this universe through Greek mythology that really works. I have been wondering where my GODparents are, seriously. 

In this book we follow Percy as he's fighting something that's half-lion, half-human. And even though that's a weird thing, being a son of a Greek god things like that happen. Two new demigods are going back to camp with Percy - but when he finds out his friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and the general of the Titans wants to unleash a tribe of skeleton warriors on the world, Percy sets out to rescue them and fight the evil. 

Rick Riordan always impress me with how he can intricately put everything into this books. But, putting that aside, I think I'm going to pause the series and continue on other books because right now, I'm feeling a little too old for these. But changing to the fact that I'm curiously waiting for my younger siblings to get old enough to read, so that they can experience Percy Jackson themselves at a younger age. I think they're amazing, and the fact that translated to Norwegian, some of the chapters are named "Fjert" which means "Fart" I think it's going to be my little brother's favorite book. 

So again, it's a great book, and a great series, but I can't get myself to read them because they kind of bore me a little, and that's probably only because I'm a little too old for them.

★★☆☆☆

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar