I’ve always liked the movie, and in my experience, books are always so much better than the movie. In this case, not so much.
When I started reading this book I realized that it was like watching the movie. Everything I’d seen on the screen was happening in the book, and I kept on waiting for that big change. Some information that I didn’t get in the movie, or something at all to keep me reading. My boyfriend is a huge Dan Brown fan, and so when I told him that I was disappointed he just shook his head. He’s read most of Dan Brown’s books, so I thought, okay, maybe I’ll just need to read it again. So I started it again after some weeks, and I was yet to sit there disappointed.
It felt like I’d just wasted a whole lot of time on this one book, because I had already seen the movie. The movie was better. I can’t really point out what it was either, if it was the fact that I already knew what was going to happen, or if I started reading the book with such high expectations that I totally forgot about the fact that the book came before the movie. Despite this, I haven’t quite given up on his books. The fact that he can take historical objects and connect them in a way that makes it all seem so perfectly executed is amazing. And the fact that I actually felt like I learned something, is amazing.
Dan Brown is a good writer when it comes to connecting the thread to the dots, making it seem like a perfectly realistic plot. But his way of writing didn’t really connect to me. I felt bored, like he couldn’t make those climaxes seem like a climax, and that was really disappointing. It stands here in my bookshelf, I can see it, and I feel like it’s judging me just as I write. Maybe I just got it all wrong because of the movie? I feel like I’ve let it down somehow, but I promise that I’m going to try again in a couple of years. I promise.
★★☆☆☆
Dan Brown is a good writer when it comes to connecting the thread to the dots, making it seem like a perfectly realistic plot. But his way of writing didn’t really connect to me. I felt bored, like he couldn’t make those climaxes seem like a climax, and that was really disappointing. It stands here in my bookshelf, I can see it, and I feel like it’s judging me just as I write. Maybe I just got it all wrong because of the movie? I feel like I’ve let it down somehow, but I promise that I’m going to try again in a couple of years. I promise.
★★☆☆☆

0 Comments:
Legg inn en kommentar