City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare


CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS
BY CASSANDRA CLARE
PUBLISHED: 2011
AVERAGE RATING: 4.16
424 PAGES
★★★★

City of Fallen Angels was a book I was really looking forward to. First of all because of the title, and by it I knew that this was going to an epic book. I read it in like two or three days, and it was exciting from the start.

What I’d kind of realized was that the books had a very similar build-up. In part 1 you got to know the aftermath of the previous book, in part 2 it slowly built up towards part 3 where all the action happened. That was something I was struggling with in the first three books because it was often a little boring reading part 1 and 2. In City of Fallen Angels it’s just exciting from the start. 

The Mortal War is over, and sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is back home in New York, excited about all the possibilities before her. She’s training to become a Shadowhunter and to use her unique power. Her mother is getting married to the love of her life. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. And—most importantly of all—she can finally call Jace her boyfriend.

I’m not going to lie, I do love the books badly, and reading them gave me the same sensation as I have reading other series. I love the fact that they keep going on and on towards an epic ending. The thing about the Mortal Instruments series is that it kind of goes slowly, you have six books, which means that you have to read all six in order to know what happens in the ending, like every other book. I feel like book 1 and 2 was kind of boring, but it was also slowly introducing us to this whole new world - and I often feel like I understand it better because it was so many books, so many pages of descriptions and explanations. 

But at the end of the day, I feel like this could have been an awesome trilogy and not a series. There’s a lot of the same conflicts repeating itself in these books, and I would have loved to just encounter them once through the books. That said, this was probably the best of the four first books in the series! I also feel like the more I read of them, the more I argue if the first reviews of the other books are really as on-point to what I really feel right now. So I'm thinking about doing a full review of the series when I'm done. 


Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar