Book Review: Lullaby by Amanda Hocking


LULLABY
BY AMANDA HOCKING 
PUBLISHED: 2012
AVERAGE RATING: 3.88
290 PAGES
READ: WAY TOO LONG
★☆☆☆☆

I feel like the title of this post says it all. It is about my latest read, that kind of ruined reading for me at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I love reading, but this book (Lullaby by Amanda Hocking) made me feel kind of, bah, I don't know, bored? It was lying on my nightstand because I've been working on my exams lately, so I didn't want the temptation lying there looking at me. All though, the book could have been right beside me and my curriculum would still be more interesting than this book. I feel like I'm slaughtering a book judging it by its cover, but it's just bad.

I read Wake with a kind of open mind, I have never been a big fan of reading about supernatural creatures like vampires and werewolves, but I thought that what the hell, why not read a book about mermaids. So, I finished Wake, here's the review - and I thought, well, I could just start the next one and see where it takes me. Get this; I got nowhere. I didn't even want to go to bed and read. It was seriously depressing.

So, this book, Lullaby, has a good idea behind it. But it's so straight through boring. I got like halfway there and then I was like, nope, I'm not going to force myself to read this shit when I'm clearly not enjoying it. I mean, it's full of depressed teens who in the midst of it all is in love, and it's all so overwhelming. It's like watching a really bad Oprah in the theater where you payed A LOT of money to see it. I hated it. And I'm sorry Hocking, but this book just isn't good at all. I bought like four of the books before I even started the series, and I'm seriously angry at myself for doing that.

So you're probably thinking; why is it so bad? I don't like Gemma, never liked her, don't like Alex, never liked him either. I can relate to Harper though, but she's kind of boring. Gemma and Alex fall waaay too quickly in love. It's so unrealistic. If you think the first book was uneventful, wait until you read this one. First half is full of angst, and Gemma whining about wanting to leave and not being able to. Second half is after Gemma decides to leave, despite all the logical reasons why she should not and she can not do so.....................

I'm done with the series, and I'm seriously thinking about selling the books or giving them to charity or something, but then again, I wouldn't want to give someone something like this.


Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar