The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium #1) by Stieg Larsson


The girl with the dragon tattoo was written by the Swedish author, journalist and editor Stieg Larsson. The book was first published in Sweden in 2005, and the english version came in 2008. It holds the genres suspense and thriller. The original title is “män som hatar kvinnor”, wich directly translates to “men who hate women”. The book has also been adapted to movies, one Swedish and later an american version. The Swedish one came out in 2009 and the american one in 2011. Stieg Larsson never got to experience his books being famous, as he died in 2004, a year before his first book came out. 

I've probably said this before, but I just recently discovered that I actually like the genre suspense. Somehow I always thought I didn't like it. I'm starting to realize that this definitely is a genre for me. And one of the reasons to that is this book

When I started reading, it did not take long until I was sold. It starts right off with a mystery that makes you really curious, and I just knew that this was going to be really exciting. Then the story jumps to the main character wich is a whole different story. You know that the two stories will have something to do with each other and the sudden question you ask is how in the world they will be relevant to each other.

Mikael Blomkvist, a respected journalist and editor of his own magazine has done a terrible mistake that could cause him his whole career. Luckily, someone has the key to Blomkvist’s way out of it all, but it comes with a prize: Blomkvist has to spend a year trying to solve a mysterious disappearance that has remained unsolved for almost 40 years. Blomkvist accepts, unaware of everything he will encounter the following year. When his path crosses Lisbeth Salander’s, a young genius, things start to get really interesting.

There is much I like about this book. I love how Larsson gives you pieces of the puzzle, one piece after another. Sometimes the piece gives you one answer, but raises twenty more questions and sometimes you feel you're close to finding out what's really happening, but it turns out you're not. And sometimes you are close, but have no idea. I'm also completely in love with the two main characters. Mikael Blomkvist is the perfect main character. he's witty, funny, smart but still makes mistakes like a normal human. And Lisbeth Salander is probably the most interesting person I've read about in a book in a long time. All over, I'm impressed with how Larsson manages to make the story continue being exciting throughout the whole book. I just couldn't put it down. And I'm very, very pleased with the ending and I can't wait to start on the second book.

★★★★☆

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar